A Divisional Accountant is sought for the hospitality division of this investment company, based in Gauteng.
- Graduate qualification in Financial Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years experience working experience in Finance and Accounting related fields
- Experience in the hospitality industry will be beneficial
- Proficient in English
- Working knowledge of financial account and management, Financial statements and reporting and online banking systems essential
- Experience working on Pastel Evolution
- Revenue Recognition
- Ensure daily capturing of transactions via hospitality software imports. Reconcile control accounts in Evolution with software
- Ensure weekly capturing of AirBNB invoices and monthly capturing of revenue from other sources.
- Reconcile with deposits received.
- Accounts Payable - checking requisitions, and reconciliation of accounts, etc.
- Accounts receivable - reconciliations of the various systems and resolving differences
- Assist with cash flow management function and processing - reviewing bank capturing and reconciliation, petty cash, and debit
card reconciliations, cash flow forecasts
- Reconciliation of control accounts - Cash, credit cards, EFTs, and tips
- Capturing stock on the Evolution system and reconciliation to hospitality software
- Assist with control of Fixed Assets
- Work closely with Operations Managers to ensure smooth operations of all finance related matters
- Preparation of management reports, financial statements, and other financial related reports and correspondence
- Pulling daily bank statements for distribution
- Loading of payments on the online banking platform
- Perform ad hoc tasks that are requested from time to time