Government institution based in Johannesburg requires a Director Intergovernmental Relations
- Manage the provision of inter-governmental relations support to the Head of Department and MEC by enhancing cooperative governance.
- Facilitate inter-departmental cooperation through coordination of IGR Fora including but not limited to providing input to the agenda of the MEC/MMC forum and monitor the implementation of decisions.
- Facilitate provincial relations with local government and other organs of state.
- Manage the development of policies and strategies aimed at enhancing IGR relations in the provincial administration.
- Build strong stakeholder relations with strategic partners.
- Operationalise the Governance & IGR Secretariat Support Service.
- Provide Strategic Leadership and Management to the Directorate: Intergovernmental Relations; Develop and Manage Strategic Partnerships within and outside the department
- Develop a database of all IGR infrastructure projects in the province; Manage the resources of the Directorate; Develop, manage, and implement stakeholder engagement strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Matric plus NQF level 7/ Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Public Management, LLB or relevant qualification in Intergovernmental Relations.
- Coupled with 5 years’ experience at a Middle Management level working in Development at Municipal level, knowledge of Integrated Development Planning and or the public service.
- A post-graduate Degree would an added advantage.