Development Engineer- Software
- To develop new & improve existing software products that are used in conjunction with blasting solutions. To contribute towards the team’s internal process improvement.
- Develop/integrate/interface with the various components that comprise our product suite to generate better blasting solutions. This includes blasting control equipment and detonators.
- Design and develop firmware/software solutions such as planning and simulation tools for efficient and safe rock blasting.
- Solicit business requirements from customers and develop system technical specifications.
- Develop tests (according to best practise) throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Keep abreast of global technological developments in the mining and software engineering space to provide direction for software development projects.
- Support business strategy by aligning Software development activities with long-term objectives, customer needs, detonator technology development.
- Assist in the installation and commissioning of new software systems at client sites; interfacing with and ensuring the satisfaction of clients in this process.
Qualifications and expertise
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years’ experience programming in a professional capacity.
- Software development experience using C++.
Any combination of the following Experiences an advantage:
- Experience working with or developing CI/CD pipelines. (highly advantageous)
- Experience using software design principles/methodologies e.g. SOLID, TDD, BDD, OO etc.
- Project management methodologies e.g. AGILE, SCRUM, Kanban etc.
- Experience using UX principles to develop user interfaces.
- Software development experience using Golang, QT and QML. (highly advantageous)
- Mobile application development at commercial level, Android/ IOS. (highly advantageous)
- Experience using testing tools e.g. Selenium, Squish, Postman
- 3D graphics rendering with OpenGL, (Linux and Windows).
Competencies (skills, knowledge and characteristics) Applicable
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Highly motivated
- Hungry to learn
- Excellent communication skills (incl. technical writing)
- Resilience to adversity
- Team player