Direct reports - Ethical Hacker and Cyber Security Analyst Team.
Indirect reports -Group Risk
At the client, the incumbent will be responsible for Group Cyber Security Operations, Threat Management, and Cyber Incident Response.
Accountable for Vendor Management with various Cyber Security partners
Accountable for daily management of security operations (incidents, policy breaches, training etc) and accountability for escalation to Group business continuity and Technology Chief Information Security Officer for all Cyber incidents
Training across the group on Cyber Security knowledge
Responsible for updating of Cyber Security related policies and standards to ensure they are current
Accountable to categorise new IT security threats and vulnerabilities
Responsible to define and drive the organisational Cyber Security Strategy.
- Grade 12
- Technology Degree
- Offensive Security certified professional
- Certified Information Security Professional
- Certified Information security manager
- 10 years’ experience in a Technology environment
- 5 Years’ experience in Cyber Security operations
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Cyber security call logging experience for incident response
- Knowledge on IT Cyber security and compliance principles will be required
- Technical competence
- Cyber Professional Competence.
- Cyber incident response competence
- Process Engineering
- Systems Competence.
Knowledge and skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- Clear communication.
- Customer Service Orientation/Client Focus (Internal and External).
- Knowledge Sharing (includes Information Management).
- Organizational Awareness.
- Relationship Building, Listening, Interpersonal Sensitivity.
- Team player.
- Excellent planning skills
- Ethical behaviour / Honesty/ Transparency/ Integrity/ Modelling of values
- Responsible and Accountable
- Willingness to Learn.
- Excellence Orientation.
- Personal Growth Orientation/Learning Agility.
- Resilience/Perseverance/Stress Management.
- Rule Orientation.
- Results & Solution Focused (Drive, Energy & Follow Through).
- Self-Management (Planning, Prioritizing & Time Management).
- Strong communication
- Highly motivated
- Full trust worthiness
- Highly respected
- Full accountability
- Ability to verbalise and communicate intent
- Systematic thinker
- Ethical mindset
- Interpersonal Fluency
- Validate cyber vulnerabilities daily
- Update Cyber policies adhoc
- Educate and train adhoc
- React to incidence alert adhoc
- Report on incidents – daily
- Engagement with security operations centre daily
Key performance areas
IT Security Operations Management (Protect)
- Functional owner of all security systems and services – AV, VM, SEIM, DLP, Firewalls, SOC Monitoring,
- Responsible for the management of the Red Team
- Accountable to ensure all security systems are fully operational and providing the necessary protection
- Accountable for the Management of all security operational processes – vulnerability management, anti-virus management, network security management, Data Leakage Prevention, intrusion detection etc
- Accountable for the management of security services providers Service provider performance management,
- Accountable to manage the Service Level Agreement monitoring and management.
- Accountable to ensure Daily, weekly, monthly operational reporting (including performance management reporting)
Incident Management (Detect and Respond)
- Accountable for 24 hours Cyber Threat Hunting from external and internal to the organisation
- Accountable for the Daily monitoring, analysis and reporting of incidents and cyber related events
- Accountable for the Daily monitoring and analysis of cyber related threats to the organisation
- Accountable for the Investigation and analysis of potential incidents and the escalation to group technology CIO, CISO and Group business continuity management
- Accountable for the managing incident response activities from an information security perspective – containment, eradication and remediation
- Accountable for post incident investigations, reporting and recommendations