Are you an experienced CTO (Chief Technology Officer) looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your skills and career in a great working environment?
If you are ambitious, multitasking go-getter able to thrive in the fast-paced environment, we have the perfect job for you!
My client based in Johannesburg is looking for a competent CTO (Chief Technology Officer) who will be our first technology go-to expert and play an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth.
- Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships
- Setup technology strategy for the company and its clients.
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
- Manage and optimize infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
- Consolidate our technology platforms and create plans for each
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
- Ensuring that technological resources meet the company's short and long-term needs.
- Creating timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services.
- Manage the infrastructure engineers and delivery of critical projects.
- Acting as a mentor to team members.
- Maintaining a consumer-focused outlook and aiding in the delivery of IT projects to market.
- Advantageous Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar relevant field
- 8 years working in a technological role as an engineer, architect and managerial position.
- 8 - 10 years of managerial experience.
- Advanced technological skillset and a demonstrated history with technology.
- In-depth knowledge of infrastructure architecture including networks, security, server and storage platforms.
- Hands-on experience with complex project management
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Effective negotiation and vendor management skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Attention to details
- Exceptional team management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to delegate efficiently.
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future.