Our client in the Telecoms sector requires a Configuration Manager on a 6 months contract role. It is expected that this role would be responsible for the following functions listed below (but not limited to) in the enablement and maintenance of Configuration Management in clients’ IS as a whole.
- Manage and maintain the CMDB to be the source of all CI information in IS.
- Liaise with all the different teams in IS, infrastructure operations, service operations, planning/development, testing, release, change, test environment, asset, environment, provisioning management to ensure the CMDB reflects the true version of CI landscape.
- Align with the relevant teams to ensure the integration between the different monitoring and system information tools are working and data is current.
- Align with the Solution Architects to ensure the Systems Classifications as per BCM is captured correctly in the CMDB and maintained.
- Align with the Asset Manager regularly to ensure the asset information is current in the CMDB especially on End of Live and End of Support information. This is for Data Centre Infrastructure. Not limited to DC equipment such as racks, servers, storage, switches and more.
- Liaise and work closely with the Environment Provisioning team and relevant Operations teams on the Commissioning, Upgrade and Decommissioning of infrastructure ensure CMDB data authenticity.
- Liaise and stay abreast of all new Services/Applications being commissioned and decommissioned ensuring CMDB data authenticity.
- Align with the Application team’s version control to ensure the latest code version is maintained in in the CMDB across all platforms – Dev, Test, Pre-production, Production and Site Resilience (DR) environment.
- Create and maintain the Application/Services Topology of Cis connecting to each in the CMDB showing Production, DR and the different End-To-End development and test environment configurations.
- Create and Maintain the CIs relations ships between the infrastructure hosting the applications/services ensuring the relevant ownership and support teams are listed and maintained.
- Assist Change and Release management to make informed decisions on impacted systems during change deployments.
- Manage the SCM library and present the versions of the applications hosted on the various platforms.
- Assist and manage all the integrations of the SDLC tools to the relevant applications SCM repository.
- Audit and report on the CMDB health on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Perform regular sanity checks between the SCM code version and what is reflected in the CMDB for all applications and rectify any errors encountered.
- Document all the integrations between the various source systems.
- Assist the CMDB and SCM tool’s vendors during Site Resilience (DR) tests ensuring the data correct and relevant.
- Ensure the Site Resilience (DR) Primary and Secondary infrastructure and code deployment versions and infrastructure patching are in sync to prevent any failover delays. Report any discrepancies to the relevant system owner so that they can be rectified.
- Assist the various operational and system owners in the reviewing and updating of the Technical Recovery plans for each System pre- and post-Site Resilience failover tests.
Good to have:
- Previously worked on CMDBs in ITSM tools.
- Knowledge of BMC Remedy.
- Understanding of Infrastructure and Application Configuration Management.