The purpose of this role is to design, develop, manage and implement the Group compensation and benefits strategy, in order to ensure internal equity, external market competitiveness and efficient governance within the Group. The role is responsible for defining compensation and benefits policies and procedures, and to direct employee compensation, remuneration benchmarking and annual compensation reviews. The incumbent will be required to direct the analysis, design, formulation and maintenance of the compensation and benefits in the organisation in line with the South African Rewards Association.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
Compensation & Benefits Management Policy and Practices
· Advise organisation on compensation and benefits plans that are cost-effective and competitive.
· Provide inputs to develop and align remuneration policies, processes and practices.
· Advise on compensation policy, procedure and programs in accordance with best market practices and with the internal needs of the organisation.
· Design models for jobs evaluation, salary increases, special salary plans for high-potential and critical key personnel.
· Evaluating compensation policies and make recommendations to Human Capital Executive.
Compensation & Benefits Advisory
· Act as a leader and subject matter expert providing resolution and advise on compensation disputes and requests for information.
· Drive the implementation of benefits programs such as commission structuring, medical, dental, disability, life insurance for employees.
· Review compensation and remuneration practices, conduct engagement workshops to ensure alignment in the interpretation and application of remuneration polices.
· Render expert advice and guidance to management in the interpretation of service benefits and application of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
· Comparing benefits and compensation plans, job classifications, and salaries through data and cost analyses
· Compile compensation survey reports and make presentation thereof.
· Provide Human Capital Executive with relevance salary and benefit analysis of compensation and benefits schemes offered by the Group.
· Provide guidance relating to the costing of benefits and remuneration to the Finance team during the annual budgeting process.
· Implement any and all incentive programs as required by the Human Capital Executive, generate reports and make recommendations based on market research and analysis.
Compensation & Benefits Management
· Monitor changes to compensation legislative requirements and advise the Human Capital Executive accordingly.
· Review and prepare annual salary scale updates.
· Manage the service provider enrolment, renewal and service delivery.
· Ensuring that compensation and benefits service providers adhere to service level agreements.
· Facilitates job evaluation processes to accurately grade new positions and amendments to existing positions for the whole of Sun International
· Conduct job evaluations and recommend grades to ensure internal equity and external competitiveness
· Consult and liaise with divisional management and subject matter experts to ensure jobs are evaluated at the correct level
· Benchmark the job size of positions externally
Research, Benchmarking and Analysis
· Research compensation trends and reviewing compensation surveys
· Monitor and research compensation and benefits trends
· Highlight remuneration and pay trends and issues and make recommendation for review and approval
· Benchmarking the organisations pay structure against the IT Industry’s’ remuneration practices
· Analyse data relating to internal and external remuneration and rewards data and statistics
· Analyse survey data as well as information collected from various divisions
· Researching and analysing benefits plans, programmes and policies;
Stakeholder Relationship Management
· Build sound relationships with divisional leadership and business units management to ensure buy-in for compensation initiatives and activities
· Consult with Human Capital Management: Talent Acquisitions and business managers on remuneration and benefit policy interpretation, new hire and promotion offers, market analyses and job evaluation
· Respond to employee and management queries on compensation related issues
· Manage non-conformance issues
· Update information required to meet their needs and contributes to operational effectiveness
· Liaise with external market data and salary survey providers on survey requirements and when conducting external benchmarking
· Liaise with service providers in introducing new benefit products and services
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
· Tertiary Qualification and a Post graduate qualification is an advantage
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Compensation, employee benefits administration
· Experience in working in a multidivisional organisation
· Global Remuneration Professional Certification (GRP)
Desired Skills and Qualities
Personal Attributes and Qualities
· Should be numbers oriented.
· Should be analytically inclined
· Should be detailed oriented.
· Effective communicator at all levels
· Strong ethics and discretions
· Good facilitation and presentation skills.
· People and change management focused
· Strong computer literacy, knowledge of a credible ERP system e.g. SAP
· Thorough knowledge of BCOE, Income (PAYE, SITE) Tax, UIF, WCA and their application to personnel matters
· Knowledge of the Pension Fund Act and its application.
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.