Our Client in Johannesburg, has a permanent role for a Client Service Manager (Air & Ocean & Road Freight). Experience in International Freight forwarding is essential. This role falls within the Client Services and Africa Development division and will be reporting to the General Manager. This is a senior role.
Objective of role: Oversee the daily operations of the CS, KAM’s & Forwarding Controllers, to ensure a high level of customer services is achieved. The Client Service Manager will have 20 direct subordinates reporting into this role.
1. Client Relationship Management
· Executive management of key customers
· Visit clients regular to build & maintain relationships.
· Actively seeking extended business.
· Develop & sustain productive internal & external customer relationships
· Attend to client queries
· Attend client functions or entertain them where required
· Roster staff for rugby games and other client events
· Monitor client call report by the team
· Ensure the team visits clients and completes Cargo Wise and add to weekly reports to management
· Ensure staff circulate the WNL Flashes to clients updating them on the latest developments
· Manage & control the Customer Service team & all its processes, and ensure compliance to the same
· Ensure that customers are receiving world class service
· Ensure that staff give accurate, meaningful and timely information to clients
· Ensure that staff send out status reports as per the clients requirements
· Ensure staff update all client information in Cargo Wise
· Ensure staff update FI’s for existing clients and proposals, when required
· Monitor shipment volumes and count reports
· Provides figures to team and branch manager
· Create volume trend reports to be able to assist the team and clients
1. Network Management
· Maintain relationships with key company network members and agents
· Assist in resolving issues and through appropriate escalation
· Manage and control branch and customer rates
· Ensure rate increases are communicated via team to customer base
· Attend debtors meetings and assist where clients do not pay due to operational queries
· Assist clients that talk to Client services regarding operational issue that impact on their finances
· Analyse current practices and suggest best practice improvement
· Develop & streamline effective customer servicing strategies
· Update process flows of accommodate any changes implemented in the department
· Completed vacant position forms
· Recruit and appoint best candidates in vacant positions
· Continually be on the outlook for possible employees and keep their information at hand for future reference.
· Do periodic performance reviews with staff members.
· Identify training needs and arrange the required training to up skill staff in applicable areas.
· Administer annual and sick leave
· Ensure staff act professionally at all times with their interaction with clients
· Ensure that staff data entry meets company standards and expectations
· Ensure the company house rules are adhered to by all staff
Education & Work experience required:
Knowledge & Experience
· Matric or equivalent of Senior certification
· Computer literate
· All modes – Air, Ocean & Road
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Freight Forwarding & Clearing
· Logistics Diploma or Degree would be advantageous
· Management position of at least 4 years in Freight Forwarding & Clearing
· Marketing experience
· Proficiency in the definition & analysis of business problems
· Strategic decision making
· Problem solving
· Outcome orientated
· Attention to detail
· Sense of initiative
· Collaborative approach
· People Skills
· Ability to work under stress
· Ability to interpret information and draw meaningful conclusions
· Work standards
· Managing conflict: Dealing effectively with others to reduce tension or conflict
· Planning & organising: Establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently
· Contributing to team success: Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team towards completing a goal
· Customer focus: Develop and sustain productive internal & external customer relationships
· Tenacity: Staying with a position or plan of action until the desired objective is obtained
· Communication: Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage activities
· Managing work: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently (includes time management)
· Stress tolerance: Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition
· Work standards: Assuming responsibility and accountability for successful completing assignments or tasks
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link