Chief Executive Officer (03 years fixed term contract)
Thursday, 05 August 2021
General Employment - Other General Employment
Key Performance Areas:
- Identify key challenges facing the agency and design appropriate strategies and interventions to achieve the agency’s goals.
- Ensure that risk management strategies are in place and compliance is effectively managed.
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place to mitigate strategic risks of the agency.
- Ensure sound corporate governance principles.
- Ensure that the agency is adequately capitalized.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of agency’s resources.
- Provide assurance to the Shareholder and Board of Directors of the financial soundness of the agency.
- Provide leadership and define reporting structures for the agency.
- Provide strategic support to the executive team and inspire them to deliver key performance.
- Responsible for overseeing the planning, development, and execution of the organization’s destination marketing strategy and overall management and leadership.
- Promote the business through successful marketing, using market research, product marketing, communications, advertising, and public relations. Building and promoting a sustained and attractive image of the organization.
- Articulate the plans (short, medium, and long term) to achieve the strategy and objectives of the agency.
- Ensure that the stakeholders are managed effectively, and their feedback and suggestions are incorporated into business strategies where possible.
- Developing a wide range of relationships and networks with local, national, and international tourism industry to position the organization as a well-known and credible organization throughout the industry.
- A postgraduate degree in a business field.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 - 5 years strategic management experience and strong business acumen.
- Excellent negotiation, marketing, people management and public relations skills. In depth understanding of legislative frameworks and contractual law impacting on marketing and communications.