Character product designer: Has worked with and developed product (clothing, footwear, fashion accessories, backpacks…) for Character (Barbie, Frozen, Spider-man, Paw Patrol etc).
Generic product designer: Has worked with and developed product (clothing, footwear, fashion accessories, backpacks…) for baby, kids, young adults, and can draw and create their own graphics, slogans and patterns.
Qualifications / Requirement’s:
- Qualified Graphic Designer (preferable) or Fashion designer (But needs to understand print techniques and principles of graphic design – not negotiable).
- 1 to 5 years’ experience as a product graphic designer.
- Highly Proficient in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop. (Not negotiable!).
- Basic understanding of Microsoft programs.
- Can work on a Mac, or willing to learn… quickly.
- Very creative and can think out of the box.
- Experience with Trend Forecasting would be a Plus.
- Own Transport.
- Willing to work overtime when required. (this does not happen very often)
- This is a full time position.
- Very creative, but can understand and execute when given design direction.
- A team player. This is a huge must – we work closely with each other and other divisions
- Passionate about the job. Work hard, then reap the rewards.
- Constantly wants to grow and improve.
- Can handle pressure.
- Missing timelines is not an option.
- Ability to listen and follows instructions.
- Positive attitude.
- Can accept responsibility and takes initiative.
- Understands office etiquette.
- Product design and development for Character fashion, luggage and clothing division.
- Product design and development for Generic baby, fashion, luggage and clothing division. This includes creating and drawing generic characters
- Quarterly store visits with team. (take photos, then set up to present to Exco members)
- International online store visits (seasonal).
- Will assist with trend forecasting & setting up Trend forecasting mood boards / look and feel.
- Seasonal product innovation challenge.