Your duties & responsibilities
- Motivates staff, communicates clear expectations, holds staff accountable to deadlines
- Provides coaching and constructive feedback and recognition when appropriate
- Work collaboratively with Australian team to recognises best performers and recommend appropriate training needs
- Plan, assign and oversee the activities of professional and technical personnel involved in the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation functions required to modify/create new software applications and/or install, implement and integrate software purchased from outside vendors
- Anticipate and recognise project scope changes, risks and constraints during project execution
- Review and approve all changes to production environment ensuring proper business sign-off occurs
- Provide guidance in the development of project documentation, inclusive of functional/technical requirements, test plans and implementation plans
- Promote Agile mindset and delivery practices
- Manage a team including hiring, reviews, and remediation recommendations
- Recognise opportunities to improve process efficiencies and works with the team through execution
- Review and analyse existing and proposed system business processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of those programs
- Ensure employees adhere to departmental (both existing and emerging) policies and procedures
Your knowledge, skills & attributes
Knowledge acquired awareness and/or expertise
- Supervising application development teams
- Supervising application development/production support projects
- Supervising multiple/concurrent projects of varying sizes
- Review of and input on team's project documentation for completeness and accuracy
- Knowledge of formal project management methods as well as Agile solution delivery
- Experience with previous Guidewire, Duck Creek or other core Insurance platform implementation projects highly regarded
Skills acquired or inherent abilities
- Natural ability to lead and motivate the team
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and processes
- DevOps and DevSecOps training and/or experience
- Collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, Azure DevOps, Microsoft Teams
- Automation tools such as Jenkins, Selenium, Cruise Control, and Ant
- Experience in application security considerations including threat modelling, dynamic and static scanning, etc.
Qualifications (Formal study undertaken and completed)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent degree required.
- Five or more years leading the team of developers and/or testers.
- One or more years of insurance or financial industry background is desired.