To ensure a disciplined & rigorous strategy development process supported by adequate breadth & depth in research results.
Seeks to provide unique industry expertise, insight and thought leadership to enable innovation in payment system development whilst being informed of international trends, plausible strategic scenarios, possible risks, individual stakeholder needs and broader eco-system challenges or dependencies.
To provide valued strategic support and thought leadership by ways of insight, perspectives gained and the articulation and conceptualisation of recommendations, options and choices.
To facilitate an industry wide strategic dialogue relevant to particular payments streams and to drive consensus on the way forward w.r.t. key strategic aspects by ways of relevant fact based input, facilitation and personal impact and leadership
- Guiding and leading a structured strategic dialogue related to the relevant payment stream and eco-system and specifically in relevant formal interbank forums.
- Engaging in continued evaluation of current payment system strategy with stakeholders and formulate and develop new strategic positions and payment system strategies.
- Providing a well-researched fact base from where decisions will be taken.
- Engaging in appropriate ad-hoc external stakeholder engagements for the purpose of obtaining input on needs, perspectives or analytical information and to develop a comprehensive perspective on the payments eco-system current and future state and implementation options and priorities of selected initiatives.
- Presenting the research & analysis through the succinct presentations
- Facilitating dialogue and decision making to stakeholders
- Utilising techniques, strategic tools and strategic frameworks to enable and support key strategic deliverables
- Facilitating projects in any of the phases of defining, scoping, designing and implementing of industry requirements.
- Publishing relevant high quality position papers on Electronic banking and Card payments research and innovations
- Providing guidance to companies entering the payments market or presenting a new product from a strategic perspective on the payment stream, regulatory environment and NPSD priorities and concerns
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment between different functional areas
Non-negotiable Essential Education and Experience Required:
- 8-10 years hands on experience with research and project support in the relevant payments environment (card or electronic).
- Relevant tertiary qualification in either Engineering, Economy/Econometrics, Accounting or Commerce.
- In depth retail or corporate banking experience and understanding (absolutely non-negotiable)
- The completion of the PASA Certificate in Foundational Payments is a recommendation.
Essential Knowledge & Skills:
- System and architectural knowledge and logic
- Regulatory and compliance knowledge related to Payment Systems
- Project Management knowledge and Coordination skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including report writing and presentations)
- Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of and experience in research methodologies
- Advanced analytical skill (e.g. quantitate, qualitative, and system thinking ability)
**By sending your CV along with other additional documents you give consent to HWR to process and retain your personal information for the current opportunity as well as for future opportunities**