PBT Group has an opportunity for a BI Data Architect. The Business Intelligence (BI) Data Architect is responsible for defining, designing, implementing and documenting processes, tools, methodologies and frameworks for collecting and managing data effectively throughout its life cycle, from source through to finalised business insights.
The BI Data Architect must understand the entire data landscape in order to ensure that solutions are implemented in a sustainable manner.
- Interact with business and technical stakeholders to establish end-to-end information needs.
- Investigate and evaluate data sources to identify limitations and determine reliability and usability.
- Identify data redundancies and define and implement a road map to resolve.
- Design and implement data quality resolution strategies in conjunction with business and technical stakeholders.
- Implement appropriate data security controls to ensure that data is kept safe.
- Design and document conceptual, logical and physical data models and repositories using a variety of data modelling techniques.
- Design and document re-useable feature sets for machine learning pipelines.
- Design and document data orchestration frameworks that are required to maintain data models, repositories, feature sets and data science model predictions.
- Establish, maintain, and ensure compliance with data modelling and data integration standards
- Document and implement data management and governance standards and processes.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in BI / Data Science with over 5 years’ experience in implementing complete BI solutions at an enterprise level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and complexity.
- Solid experience in gathering data requirements and performing advanced data analysis techniques.
- Experience working with BI front-end tools to develop prototype solutions (Power BI)
- Experience in designing conceptual, logical and physical data models and repositories at an enterprise level with a specific focus on re-usability.
- Strong database fundamentals (normalization and de-normalization).
- Experience in ETL design and good understanding of ETL solution architectures.
- ODS, data warehouse, data mart, cube, database technologies and big data frameworks.
- Experience working with very large data volumes.
- Strong understanding of Master Data management (MDM), Metadata Management and Data Governance (DG).
- Strong SQL query writing ability (across database environments).
- Microsoft data technology skills (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL).
- Good understanding of structure, semi-structured and unstructured data sources (XML, JSON).
- Data science programming (Python, R, Java, C#).
- Experience in building machine learning feature pipelines.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in either computer science, computer engineering, information systems or a related field.
- Certifications in business intelligence or data science will be an added advantage.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link