Our Client in Johannesburg (Logistics) has a permanent role available for a senior Business Development Manager in the Freight Forwarding business.
This role is open to South African citizens only (with international sales experience)
Experience with "international freight forwarding sales" is non negotiable.
Job Function: The objective of the Business Development Manager is to grow the company revenue, profitability and trading base through achieving a forwarding sales target on an area specific basis.
Key performance areas
Customer Relationship Management
• Maintain on-going relationships with new and potential customers and sales partners.
• Work jointly with operations, offices, partners and affiliates to grow the ICF client base
• Establish appropriate internal relationships and communication with relevant functional areas to enhance customer satisfaction, improve service delivery and ensure customer retention.
• Target achievement (Agreed cost to company target)
• The acquisition of new customers
• Generation of quality leads
• 8 customer engagements per week
• Log customer engagements within MDS
• Analyse and report on sales opportunities on a monthly basis to understand emerging trends within the market and industry.
• Ensuring timeous communication to BDE, informing of any potential changes within the customer’s business, industry and potential risk to ICF.
• Provide accurate monthly sales pack data to be used within ROSE calculation
All client records should always be maintained with updated accurate customer details pertaining to:
• Customer contact details
• Contact name, email, current telephone number and job title
• Opportunity naming conventions including correct verticals, sub verticals and revenue products.
• Accurate Estimated closing dates
• Accurate Client Revenue projections
• Tertiary qualification in Logistics or Marketing Management or similar degree/diploma/qualification (Freight Forwarding Industry)
• Microsoft office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Cargo-wise 1
Skills and experience required
• Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in International Freight Management
• Minimum 3-year experience in managerial position
• Good understanding of Import/Export procedures and Incoterms
• Good client relationship management, communication and presentation skills
• Valid driver’s License and own vehicle
• Ability to present the company services and group in a professional manner
• Willingness to acquire new skills and gain knowledge
• Work well under pressure, adhere to deadlines and be a self-starter
• Ability to work independently and be a team player simultaneously
• Must take ownership of the position, be dedicated and innovative
• Geographical and geopolitical knowledge, ability to interface and communicate with different cultures is essential
• Excellent Communication and presentation skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong Networker
• Team player but also self-sufficient
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link