Our client in the Telecommunications Sector requires a Business Analyst for 6 months who will be able to:
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and distinguish requirements / requests from the underlying true needs.
- Perform Business Analysis on the assigned part of the value stream in line with the Business Analysis methodology and Business Architecture guidelines
- Review and understand system functionality impacting/ supporting the assigned part of the value stream. Input into identifying ways to fine tune systems in line with changing work practices.
- Determine, document, and review user requirements for projects within the scope of the assigned part of the value stream or impacting processes and systems within the assigned part of the value stream.
- Review technical specifications to ensure user and functional requirements are met.
- Design, analyse and document workflow and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness.
- Prepare formal business processes.
- Track and analyse activities and trends. Compare analyses against service standards and best practices and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact the unit.
- Input into recommending adjustments to address and/or capitalise on trends.
- Identify and maximise opportunities to use information and technology to improve product, service, and business processes.
- Identify Business Improvement and Optimisation opportunities within the assigned part of the value stream that will result in improvement of process performance.
- Assist with benchmarking activities with other companies and organizations within and outside the industry.
- Perform Business Analysis on the projects within the assigned part of the value stream in line with the Business Analysis methodology
- Construct business cases for initiations proposed by the business. Research and consider best practice, local conditions, trends, as well as competitor activity.
- Support Business Architecture process, by analysing current processes and procedures within the assigned part of the value stream and providing input to opportunities of improvement.
- Assist in identifying innovative ways to use minimum resources to achieve maximum outputs.
Description of Deliverables
- Business Case Definition Document where applicable
- Business Requirements Document where applicable
- Process documents where applicable
- Impact Assessment Document where applicable
- Customer Journeys where applicable
Project Plan, Timelines & Milestones
- The proposed timelines will be discussed with the Business Analyst based on business need and project priority.
- Weekly project status updates
- Weekly team planning sessions