The purpose of this role is to provide functional and technical expertise in the analysis, design of end to end Business Intelligence solutions and services that will be afforded to Adapt IT customers. The Business Analyst is required to work closely with clients and internal stakeholders to understand the business and to gain an in depth understanding of the business requirements. The analyst is required to document, validate and translate the business requirements into value-add solutions. The analyst is required to present solutions that not only solve the immediate needs of the business, but solutions that fit into the strategic business and technical objectives of the target organization.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Must be confident enough to tackle projects across multiple business domains and handle new business domains with ease.
- Will seek to see the bigger picture before heading into the details in order to understand where the project fits in with the client’s organizational goals.
- Plan, arrange and facilitate meetings, workshops and relations with client/user staff during requirement analysis and throughout subsequent development work. Takes responsibility at a high level for the proper conduct of such relations.
- Plan and organize the giving of presentations or training sessions to all levels including senior management.
- Play an active role in instilling internal team collaboration and synergy.
- To be self-motivated and display creative problem-solving skills.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define business requirements, develop report and support stakeholder learning as needed
- Assess and recommend best approach to leveraging Power BI on current data models
- Develop Power BI reports and visualizations based on requirements
- Assist in developing User manuals and in creation of training and / or support materials
- Collaborating with co-workers and management to implement improvements
- Develop and analyze complex dashboards and reports using SQL database to monitor data precision and quality
- Part of the team that perform system testing to ensure that requirements and / or design specifications are met
- Oversee / Quality Check data migration routines – reviewing outputs against quality standards and consider process improvements
- Assist with resolution of calls during project Maintenance and Support activities
- Substantial practical experience in a structured BI environment
- Define metrics, build KPIs and suggest improvements to business
- Design / Develop data modules that convert underlying raw data to more readily useable formats for reporting, data mining
- Conducts business process analysis and design, data analysis and reporting
- Works closely with the development group in the analyzing, design and implementation of a solution.
- Coordinates between the client and Adapt IT at the project level
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by leadership
- Good general understanding of the relevant industry
- Is a self-starter who requires minimal supervision, and takes high ownership of work assigned
- Must be able to provide guidance and support to BI developers to ensure that project deliverables are met in the required quality requirements of the customer
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks, maintains good rapport within the team, provides strong contribution and feedback and complete work assignments
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Completed Matric
- Data Analysis
- Business Acumen
- Ability to analyse, model interpret data
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to design, develop dashboards using Microsoft Power BI including SQL Server, Excel etc.
- Good communications skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree / similar qualification (level 6) in IT business
- Accounting or finance
- 2-3 years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Functional and technical knowledge\ experience of one or more of the following:
- Microsoft Business Intelligence tools and platform an advantage: SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Integration Services, and MS Power BI
- Understanding of SAP solution
- Data integration of Power BI
- Experience with database and data warehouse design, plus experience with Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) or other ETL tools a plus
- Strong understanding of Business Intelligence and Data warehousing concepts
- Ability to use tools such as MS Visio and knowledge of Trello