A national metal recycling and manufacturing company with its head office in Germiston, Gauteng is searching for a motivated, hard-working and reliable individual to undertake the Management functions within the Boiler shop that forms part of the Engineering department.
- Manage and assign tasks to Boiler shop employees
- Ensures that deadlines are met timeously
- Inspects work for completeness, accuracy and quality.
- Determines material, equipment and supplies to be used
- Inspect trailers and machines for structural defects, and report to Engineering.
- Interacting with employees and assisting employees with their concerns, questions or complaints.
- Ensures that staff take care of workshop equipment, hand tools and machinery, and is maintained and serviced regularly.
- Report to SA Metal Engineers, who will issue work instructions.
- Liaise and interact with other SA Metal department supervisors and managers( i.e. your customers)
- Red seal Trade test certificate or equivalent - Boilermaker
- Computer literate
- Code 08 Drivers Licence
- Knowledge of machine maintenance required and maintenance planning
- Knowledge of production machinery and equipment
- Management and planning skills
- Adhere and enforce H&S regulations
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and work independently
- Trustworthy and Honest
- Work well under pressure
- Good leadership skills - ability to motivate and lead a team
- Good team player