PBT Group has an opportunity for a BI and Reporting Analyst with strong short-term insurance experience. The Reporting Analyst would be responsible for improving profitability by supporting the IT Strategy through business intelligence, reporting creation and dashboard development, to support the Business in their decision making. Responsible for Report development, Dashboard solution and Views creation
- Business as Usual BI: Sources data and consults with various stakeholders as needed, in order to ensure the availability and accuracy of data required for the development of the necessary BI and the development of standard reports and bespoke reports as required by the business. Develop, implements and oversee post implementation support and maintenance and BI tools and solutions to solve applicable BI business challenges.
- Reporting: Enable the provision of the required data and information for further analytics and insights required. Create useful and accessible reports and dashboard to help business in decision making. Oversee the collection, analysis, and reporting of sales related data performed by the Junior BI & Repoting Analysts. Take the lead in development of new business reports and analysis tools. Ensure the month-end reporting process is efficient and delivered as per the agreed timelines
- Regulatory Reporting: Reports to the Regulator and is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and filing of various regulatory reports in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements. Required to represent the client in various regulatory forums, like SAIA, SASRIA to keep abreast on the essential regulatory requirements from a short-term insurance reporting perspective
- Business Intelligence: Leverages software tools to transform data into useful information, by applying intelligence on the information and presenting the findings in reports, summaries, dashboards, grapsh, charts to provide users with detailed intelligence about the state of business
- Data Governance: Ensure by working closely with the Data Governance Lead that the quality and the integrity of the data used for reporting can be trusted, by adhering to the Data Governance principles
- Business rule definition: Ensure that business intelligence & reporting business rules are well defined, in order to minimise confusion. Ensure that all data rules align with business requirements and are aligned to the BU strategies.
- Data Extraction and validation: Ensure that all necessary validations are in place and that data is reconciled through the data value chain.
- Accuracy: Provide accurate reports to the functional areas at the client
- Creativity & Innovation: Be a creative leader that identifies opportunities for innovation, that will ultimately eradicate repetitive activities in our process and provide a self service to our business stakeholders. Take a lead on the report and visualization automation initiatives
- Stakeholder management: Take ownership of escalated complaints or queries and offer possible solution to stakeholders / clients and ensure all are resolved and feedback given to relevant parties.
- 3 -5 years in MIS / Business Intelligence (BI), Reporting, analytical or quantitative environment within the Insurance and/or Financial services industry
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in the creation of MI, BI and Reporting, as well as Customer segmentation, product, sales, scorecard and measurement analysis.
- Experience in the use of insights, analytics and information visualisation tools such as:
- Microsoft SQL Integration Services, Microsoft SQL Analysis Services, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services
- Advanced Microsoft PowerBI, Qlikview, R / Pythion Programming languages, Informatica (Power-center)
- SSRS/SSAS/SSIS, ETL (Extract, Transform, Load), Report Builder
- Knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) practices will be advantageous
- Knowledge of Cloud services (Azure & AWS) will be advantageous
- Short-term Insurance knowledge
- BSc Computer Science / Informatics/ Data Analytics/ Statistics/ Information Management
- Microsoft Business Intelligence certification – advantageous