PBT Group has an opportunity for Azure Developers who are well versed in the Azure Stack.
- Assist in the creation of ADF data replication and transformation pipelines.
- Help upskill the team with the use of ADF.
- Assist with performance tuning of the target databases and with the creation of database maintenance jobs where necessary.
- Manage the BI Development life cycle, ensuring adherence to best practice coding standards.
- Maintain and develop the BI systems.
- Create and build dashboards and reports.
- Development within an Azure based platform helping in the deployment.
- Ensure that the design of BI solutions is scalable and aligned to the architecture principals of the Data Warehouse.
- Experience in using Data Factory in conjunction with Azure DevOps for source control and deployment across dev/test/prod environments would be ideal.
- This would include experience in templatizing ADF flows for use across different environments.
- Strong SQL Server experience
- Azure SQL Managed Instances experience preferred.
- Experience with Columnar Indexes in SQL Server will be an advantage.
- Solidly skilled within the Azure environment with hands-on experience in setting up and developing ETL and Storage components within Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake and Azure SQL DB.
- Ability to optimize the azure environment to not only manage performance but also cost effectiveness.
- Ability to provide technical input to current technical teams/ process analysts and project leads in order to provide technical guidance with regards to technology component fit and functional requirement vetting.
- Should have sufficient experience to operate autonomously and proactively provide technical direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to write quality unit and end–to–end tests; debug and optimize existing and new code.
- A degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Administration / Commerce or equivalent