Our client is looking for an automobile mechanic to join their company
Role & Responsibilities
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, replacing filters etc.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Promote vehicle longevity by scheduling future maintenance sessions and advising motorists on good vehicle use
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
Certification in vehicle repair
3-5 years proven experience as auto mechanic
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to handle various tools (e.g. pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
- Excellent physical condition
- Computer literate (preferred)
- MS Word/Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license required