The objective of hiring an Analytics Developer is to achieve ongoing financial success for the business
through efficient product delivery and utilization. The incumbent is responsible for partnering with key
internal and external stakeholders for the planning, design, development and execution of data analytics
across our range of assurance products to ultimately enhance customer value.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
a) Product Success
• Drive successful execution of sprint objectives by coordinating with all stakeholders across the
release value-chain (Product Development, Product Owner(s), Product Manager(s), Content
Providers and Third Parties);
• Participate in key activities that compliment success in every Program Increment;
• Drive efficiency in delivery by resolving challenges that may impact successful delivery;
• Partner with Scrum Master(s), Product Owner(s) and fellow team members to identify potential
• Review both your work and the work of others for accuracy and completeness; and
• Document and develop computer assisted audit techniques (CAATS) in data analytical software.
b) Customer Success
• Design and review product by leveraging domain expertise;
• Enable users to seamlessly connect and import data into applications by leveraging data
• Own the execution of client informed feedback improvements and product development
• Coordinate with the sales, training, consulting and support client facing functions when there are
specific client issues to resolve in the product.
c) Data Driven Decision Making
• Research latest data analytical tools and methodologies; and
• Utilise data availability across clients, processes, functions and teams to help rationalise insights
and initiate workstreams.
d) Operational Excellence
• build great products that empowers the work of our clients by breaking down feature
requirements into more detail, while ensuring that we build great products that empowers the
work of our clients;
• Provide template customisations and enhancements of excellent quality that require minimal
• Assess the effectiveness of current development methods and principles and provide suggestions
• Participate in all Agile ceremonies as part of the team; and
• Work closely with the Content Owner and team to deliver working content.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• 2 years’ experience in using data analytical software such as IDEA, Arbutus, ACL, SQL etc.
• 2+ years’ experience in data science principles.
• 1 years’ experience as an Internal/External Audit Manager or Senior with audit experience.
• Substantial experience in data integration and transformation.
• Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting or CIA qualification
• Experience in the International Standards of Auditing (ISA’s) or International Standards for the
Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (IPPF)
• 2 years’ experience with CaseWare Working Papers and Probe Audit or Audit International will
• Experience working with CaseWare IDEA or other analytics tools will be advantageous.
• Experience working in cross-functional teams will be advantageous.
• BSC Computer Science or relevant degree in IT with focus on Software Development will be
• CISA qualification will be advantageous.
• Python script
• Jupyter Notebooks
• TypeScript (Angular 2)
• R – advantageous
• AWS or cloud-based related infrastructure.
• Excellent skills in code design.
a) Personal Attributes and Qualities
• Ability to strategically think about client compliance needs by understanding their business and
• Ability to address compliance standards in new, efficient and innovative ways such as data
• High energy and result-focused “can do” attitude;
• Mature self-starter, quick learner, capable of setting priorities and remain efficient while multitasking;
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and be proactive;
• Strong systematic, interpersonal skills, problem solving and attention to detail;
• Ability to define and approach problems and situations from many different viewpoints;
• Ability to analyse every possible solution and anticipate consequences and outcomes before
• Strong need for excellence and self-improvement – must continually be growing your craft,
learning new tools and techniques.
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link