Reports to: Head of Admissions
Salary: R350,000 – R450,000
Deadline: 10 June 2021
Department: MBA Portfolio
Essential criteria for successful consideration:
- NQF 8 (Postgraduate level) qualification
- Prior experience of managing admissions in a tertiary institution
- Experience in the SA Higher Education sector and good understanding of Higher Education policy and procedures
- Academic Admissions understanding relating to postgraduate/MBA portfolios
- Manage the admissions processing for the MBA programme, in close liaison with the Head of Admissions and other key stakeholders, applying agreed criteria to make admissions decisions consistently and fairly.
- Handle telephone and email enquiries from prospective students independently and professional manner.
- Process incoming applications for the designated programmes, checking qualifications, the validity of decisions and authenticity of results.
- Enter decisions and generate offers using Scout and other related systems with the aim of 100% accuracy.
- Monitor the responses of applicants to decisions and provide data on applicant status and workflow.
- Ensure that correct procedures are followed when dealing with anomalies in the application process.
- Liaise regularly with both academic and administrative staff as and when required.
- Provide reports on status of applications.
- Attend and minute meetings.
- Enquiries & Recruitment
- Handle all enquiries in a courteous and helpful way; these may be by telephone, email, letter, or in person.
- Monitor application backlog and help collate data relating to all admissions enquiries.
- Assist with School Open Days and information sessions.
- Represent the School at higher education conferences and/or other events.
- Assist with the monitoring and updating of all information relating to admissions.