Our client is looking to employ an Accounting Office Manager, at their food processing facility in Gauteng.
The job involves:
- Maintaining accounting payroll records for areas assigned.
- Developing, analysing, and interpreting statistical and accounting information.
- Record daily business and advice the management about accounting principles, practices, and procedures, along the guidelines established by the company and current laws.
- Responsible to organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures.
The role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness and communication.
Specific Work Elements:
- Keeping detailed books, accounts, and records of the company, maintaining internal accounting controls.
- Delegating, supervising, and reviewing responsibilities of subordinates.
- Monitoring account receivables and solving payment problems.
- Making recommendations about new accounting programs.
- Performing other duties assigned by management.
2. Office Management:
- Assisting both the General Manager and Managing Director with day-to-day office duties and operations.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Must possess 2 to 4 years’ qualification in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related qualification.
- At least 10 years’ professional accounting experience.
- Supervisory experience will be a benefit.
- Acting as point of contact for general office enquiries.
- Managing diaries and organise and schedule meetings and appointments, often controlling access to the Manager / Executive.
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation where needed.
- Organising events and conferences together with Sales Executives and Promotors.
- Creditors and debtor’s book for POS system and petty cash.
- Reminding the Manager / Executive of important tasks and deadlines.
- Typing, compiling, preparing reports, presentations. and applicable correspondence.
- Managing databases and filing systems.
- Implementing and maintaining office operations, procedures / administrative systems.
- Liaising with staff, suppliers, and clients.
- Collating and filing expenses.
- Order stock, stationery, and equipment as requests.
- Maintain the office condition, signage, maintenance, and arrange necessary repairs.
- Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary.
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment.
- Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Address employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g., stationery, hardware, and travel arrangements).
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering, and security services.
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations, and conferences.
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party of confidential information.
- Execute and implement innovative systems and secure desired outcomes.
- Have strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask.
- The ability to be proactive and take initiative.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Clear communication skills.
- A knowledge of standard software packages and the ability to learn company-specific software if required.
- Good decision-making abilities.
- Should be highly capable of multi-tasking, working well under pressure and keeping up to date with area-specific business ethics, legal documents and accounting trends, applications, and programs.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Location: Springs, Gauteng.
Salary offered: R30 000 – R40 000 per month (depending on experience).
Please apply online if you meet all the requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you do not receive any feedback within one month.