POSITION FOR AN INSURANCE ACCOUNTANT
Competencies, Knowledge and Skills
Accounting degree or similar.
• Work experience in an equivalent accounting role.
• Insurance industry experience.
• Work references.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Energetic and resilient.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good understanding and ability to apply knowledge of accounting, income tax and Value Added Tax (“VAT”).
• VAT with insurance accounting being an advantage.
• Key responsibilities
• Process underwriting results per client onto the general ledger including premium, reinsurance premium, claims, recoveries, commissions and fees.
• Process reserves per client onto the general ledger i.e. outstanding claims, Incurred But Not Reported (“IBNR”), unearned premium reserve as well as corresponding reinsurance portions.
• Process income tax per client onto the general ledger.
• Process cashbook transactions and any other required journal entries per client onto the general ledger.
• Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations per client.
• Prepare client financial statements and client policy statements and any other financial reports as required.
• Collection of premium and reinsurance debtors.
• Pay reinsurers and submit reinsurance bordereaux.
• Pay administrators and other creditors associated with the client portfolio.
• Respond to client queries and attend client meetings when required.
• Gathering and handling of information.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link