- Responsible for accurate manufacturing costing including review of Bill of materials
- Manage employee(s) directly reporting
- Provide leadership and guidance to the cost accountant
- Ensure correct reporting of stock levels – quantities, cost and valuation
- Procedural recommendation and operational requirements to ensure sufficient financial controls
- Liaise with Internal and External Auditors
- Monthly reporting on all key financial information (stock, costing, costs, assets etc.)
- Oversee the Boksburg Site yearly budget and forecasting processes
- Oversee the Boksburg Site compliance in respect on Month-end and Year-end procedures
- Represent finance on the procurement committee on high value orders
- Monitoring all work order deviations, closing and re-scheduling thereof
- Provide assistance on the ERP System functionality and controls on site
- Ad Hoc reporting and recommendations to the Head of Site operations Boksburg and other role-players on financial matters
- Key Finance contact on site for all financial queries.
- Involvement in major company contracts from initial review meetings up to final execution of sales
- Ensure accurate financial recording and execution of customer order related cost in line with Delegation of Authority for project cost, selling costs etc
- Compilation of workings for budgets, forecasts and prognoses for company on project costing and contract costs and the tracking of actual performance against this. This includes gathering inputs for other departments such as Plant Engineering, Logistics and Project Management as well as measurement of quoted, contracted and actual results (project controlling)
- Month-end financial results and preparation of disclosure information on projects and other contract costs.
- Ad hoc investigations related to contracts
- Identification of risks which could have a financial implication for the company.
- Comm./B Tech / CIMA
- 5-10 Years Financial experience in a manufacturing environment, Cost accounting in a manufacturing environment, Ability to apply skills across a broad spectrum of financial disciplines (costing, accounting, asset management, etc).
- Ability to work independently and under pressure as well as multi-tasking
- Sound knowledge of Financial and Controlling principles
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting guidelines
- Sound communication skills as well as Interpersonal, facilitation and conflict management skills
- Fully computer literate and knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP)
- Analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.