Our Client in Boksburg has a permanent role for an ACCOUNTANT: COSTING AND PROJECTS. This falls within their plant in Boksburg. This candidate will report into the Manager - Quotations.
This role is open to all South African citizens with a valid SA ID.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB (The role has two parts):
1) To manage the manufacturing costing department in Boksburg, ensure sound financial controls, provide accurate financial reporting as well as on site financial assistance.
2) To assist with management and reporting of various projects within the company.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Responsible for accurate manufacturing costing at Boksburg site including review of Bill of materials, part operations etc.
- Manage employee(s) directly reporting and provide leadership and guidance to the cost accountant
- Ensure correct reporting of stock levels – quantities, cost and valuation
- Procedural recommendation and operational requirements to ensure sufficient financial controls
- Liaise with Internal and External Auditors
- Monthly reporting on all key financial information (stock, costing, costs, assets etc.)
- Oversee the Boksburg Site yearly budget and forecasting processes
- Oversee the Boksburg Site compliance in respect on Month-end and Year-end procedures
- Represent finance on the procurement committee on high value orders
- Monitoring all work order deviations, closing and re-scheduling thereof
- Provide assistance on the ERP System functionality and controls on site
- Ad Hoc reporting and recommendations to the Head of Site operations Boksburg and other role-players on financial matters
- Key Finance contact on site for all financial queries.
- Involvement in major company contracts from initial review meetings up to final execution of sales
- Ensure accurate financial recording and execution of customer order related cost in line with Delegation of Authority for project cost, selling costs, etc.
- Compilation of workings for budgets, forecasts, and prognoses for the company on project costing and contract costs and the tracking of actual performance against this. This includes gathering inputs for other departments such as Plant Engineering, Logistics and Project Management as well as measurement of quoted, contracted, and actual results (project controlling)
- Month-end financial results and preparation of disclosure information on projects and other contract costs.
- Ad hoc investigations related to contracts
- Identification of risks which could have a financial implication for the company.
- Comm./B Tech / CIMA (compulsory)
- 5-10 Years Financial experience in a manufacturing environment, Cost accounting in a manufacturing environment, Ability to apply skills across a broad spectrum of financial disciplines (costing, accounting, asset management, etc.).
- Ability to work independently and under pressure as well as multi-tasking
- Sound knowledge of Financial and Controlling principles
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting guidelines
- Sound communication skills as well as Interpersonal, facilitation and conflict management skills
- Fully computer literate and knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP)
- Analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.