Senior Actuarial Analyst
Does this sound like you?
This organisation has the best interest of its South Africans, they provide a service that protects the country from risks that are unexpected or planned for.
The purpose of the role:
Is for the successful specialist to assist the Actuarial Manager with the day to day operations of the actuarial department.
This includes but not limited to valuating technical provisions, capital modelling for economic and regulatory purposes, stress testing and scenario analysis, assisting with reinsurance reviews and being involved in any updates to pricing.
Top Non- negotiable requirements:
- Actuarial degree qualification completed
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in insurance or investment management
- 8 years actuarial exemptions including CA1 or equivalent good progress with ASSA exams with commitment to completion of all exams within a defined period OR Honours degree in Statistical Analysis /Actuarial Science (NQF level 7).
- Strong knowledge of SAM
- IFRS17 knowledge would be an advantage
- Microsoft Office 365xpertise on trend analysis and forecasting
- Actuarial modelling including scenario analysis and stress testing
- Experience in programming languages like VBA and python will be advantageous
- Project Management
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Valuation of technical provisions
- Capital modelling for economic and regulatory purposes
- Stress testing and scenario analysis
- Assisting with reinsurance reviews and being involved in any updates to pricing basis
- Ensure completion of risk metrics for use in reporting to Risk Committee.
- Support the Actuarial Department with periodic asset liability allocation exercise.
- Assess Market and Credit risk based on appropriate VaR models.
- Preparation of information required by Actuarial Manager for calibration of capital models.
- Assimilation and verification of required data.
- Analysis of claims experience relative to reserves.
- Valuation of quarterly and annual reserves.
- Preparation of the Technical Provisions report.
Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA)
- Assist with key ORSA functions including setting of risk appetite, risk budget, scenario identification and quantification as well as capital and financial projections
Compile reports and documents
- Completion of Prudential Authority returns.
- Assist in the preparation of Monthly/Quarterly/Annual or ad-hoc performance reports for Executive Management, the Board of Directors and Regulatory Agencies.
- Remain informed of changes in trends in relation to modelling data.
- Ensure that the working environment contributes to improving staff morale and increasing productivity.
- Develop Individual & Team Competence.
- Ensure that all staff are trained, skilled and that their expertise is fully applied.
Select One (Pty) Ltd
Silver Point Office Park, Building 1, 1st Floor, 22 Ealing Crescent, Bryanston
SelectOne is a young, forward thinking and disruptive recruitment partner. With a scientific approach to candidate screening that includes the use of Artificial Intelligence technology, we uniquely and efficiently compress the timeline of the appointment process.
The system maps key predictors based on job and performance potential, culture and attrition. Next-gen technology then leverages human decision-making expertise alongside formidable computing intelligence.
The SelectOne team are highly experienced in traditional recruitment, and have successfully placed hundreds of professionals in top positions and are now revolutionizing the traditional and outdated recruitment process.