HR ADMINISTRATOR (HR Generalist) – Century City, Cape Town
Global Investment Firm is offering this exciting career opportunity to join their dynamic team of HR professionals!
One would describe you as a bright, conscientious, energetic, enthusiastic, systems savvy and self-managed individual who is eagerly wanting to begin and / or further develop their HR career.
Purpose of Job
The role sits within the overall Group Operations Human Resources team delivering a full HR administrative service function to the HR department, as well as employees across the Group, in terms of employee life cycle, recruitment as well as learning and development.
- Relevant Degree with Human Resources as a major
- Minimum 18 months experience in a HR Administration Generalist role with exposure pertaining to the full employee life cycle as well as understanding and practical implementation of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Labour Relations Act, Employment Equity Act, Skills Development Act and other relevant legislation
- Relevant experience gained ideally within the financial services / investment / within a multi-national would be advantageous!
- Good understanding of HR data analytics
- Solid command of the English language
- Proficient with MS Office – particularly MS Excel for calculations
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle
- Assisting with the full On-boarding process of new starters
- Responsible for first day Induction of new joiners as well as arranging monthly induction
- Preparation of offer letters and contracts for new joiners
- Sending out the first day payroll, benefits and legislation documentation to new joiners and ensuring it is accurately completed and returned by payroll deadline
- Responsible for the Leavers administration process – leave calculations, maternity and study loan calculations, updating the HR system, etc.
- Responsible for arranging exit interviews and reporting to the management team
- Responsible for capturing sick leave and other leave accurately on the HR system
- Support Group resourcing with arranging interviews for candidates and assisting in the maintenance of the Applicant Tracking process.
- Responsible for the provision of data and statistical reports
- Support the resolution of general employee queries by both telephone and email
- Responsible for the management of the HR Email Inbox, meeting agreed SLA’s
- Scan and file HR documents in an efficient, accurate and timely manner in line with team processes
- Support the L&D team with administration as required including arranging lunch and learn sessions, printing slide decks for delegates, managing the training room diary, maintaining the attendees log and arranging refreshment provisions with facilities.
- Respond to employment reference requests in a timely manner
- Responsible for adhoc requests from employees for confirmation of employment letters, visa letters, etc. Ensure that information provided is accurate and in line with standard requirements.
- Responsible for the completion of UIF forms for maternity and paternity leave, etc. and ensure that this is done accurately and in line with standard requirements.
- Create and maintain the organisational charts for the business, providing ad hoc charts to various internal stakeholders when requested.
- Providing administrative support with ad hoc projects as required
- Actively contribute and be a key member of a multi-jurisdictional HR team building effective working relationships to ensure procedures are accurately followed, allowing for continuity of service during busy periods or times of absence.
- Maintain accuracy when handling data and ensure that the integrity of processes is maintained
- Maintain the highest standard of confidentiality and security in terms of employee data and business information and consider the impact of GDPR on all activities undertaken
- Uphold the professional standards expected of an HR practitioner and act as a role model of excellence with all clients, internally and externally.
- Developing self and maintaining knowledge in relevant field at all times.
- Ensure that knowledge of the Employee Handbook and the Companies policies are up to date at all times in order to best support the HR team and the business.
- Adhere to Risk & Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and legislation
- Ensuring data is recorded accurately and consistently in the HR system at all times.