Our client in the FMCG industry is currently looking to employ a Service Technician/ Millwright. This position is based in Humansdorp, Eastern Cape.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repairs of various equipment related to the Services department such as water treatment plant, air compressors, refrigeration systems, steam reticulation, generators, condensers, cooling towers and condensers, HVAC, transformers, fire equipment and electrical switchgear.
- Ensure optimum functionality of the services processes and improve plant efficiency.
- Conduct routine checks and services on the above equipment, execute timely planned work tasks as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Ensure optimum equipment efficiency and performance to prevent or minimise any disruption to operation.
- Respond to equipment breakdown swiftly so that production is less interrupted.
- Business Processes Responsibilities include ensuring adherence to health and safety, environmental, food safety and quality, as well as housekeeping in the factory.
- Compliance to relevant standards such as, OHS Act (ISO 45001), ISO 14001, ISO/FSSC 22000.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends and have the ability to do standby duties and attend to call-outs after hours.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Millwright/ Electrician/ Mechanical fitter and turner trade with 3 – 5yrs relevant experience after completion of the trade test.
- Computer literacy, experience in CMMS and ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with refrigeration systems, boilers, steam reticulation, pumps, HVAC, fire equipment and air compressors in a process manufacturing environment in the FMCG (Food and Beverage) Industry
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.