Our Humansdorp based client, operating in the production / manufacturing space, is looking to employ an experienced Refrigeration Technician.
- Responsible for preventative and breakdown maintenance of Cold Rooms and Freezers.
- Responsible for installation, commissioning, fault finding and repairs of all refrigeration equipment.
- Must have strong and good knowledge of refrigeration systems, project management skills.
- Assist with projects, continuous improvement, and development of junior technicians, as well as technical support to the plant as required.
- Ensure optimum equipment efficiency and performance to prevent or minimise any disruption to cold chain storage.
- Respond to equipment breakdown swiftly so that production is less interrupted.
- Business Processes Responsibilities include ensuring adherence to health and safety, environmental, food safety and quality, and housekeeping in the factory.
- Compliance to relevant standards such as, OHS Act (ISO 45001), ISO 14001, ISO/FSSC 22000.
- Willing to work overtime, weekends, and do standby duties as well as attend to call-outs after hours.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A qualified Refrigeration Technician (RED Ticket).
- Must be SAQCC Gas registered and have Gas Handling license.
- Computer literacy, experience in CMMS and ability to work under pressure.
- Ideally have experience with Ammonia system, multiplex systems and air conditioning systems.
- 5 to 10 years relevant experience in a food and beverages processing environment.
- While the job holder will be working in a highly automated environment, the position will require an individual with strong mechanical abilities.
- Previous UHT experience would be an advantage.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.