Our client, a market leader in their field, requires a Senior Process Shift Technician to join the team at their production facility in Humansdorp (Eastern Cape). (EE)
Knowledge and Skills:
- The successful candidate will be a qualified Electrician, Millwright, or Instrumentation tech with sound knowledge of dairy processes, electrical fault finding, and VSD's, PLC's and SCADA systems.
- A 5–8-year previous maintenance experience gained in a similar position, ideally in a food and beverages environment, along with a strong desire and capability to empower people.
- While the job holder will be working in a highly automated environment the position will require an individual with sound knowledge of processes and a strong mechanical ability.
- This is a shift position and will require standby duty and overtime when required.
Key Performance Areas:
- The successful candidate will report to the Process Specialist and will be accountable for both preventative maintenance and breakdowns.
- The candidate will also be responsible to assist the Process Engineer Manger and Process Maintenance Superintendent with capital expansion projects and continuous improvement and the development of subordinates within the department.