Our client, a market leader in their field, requires a Production Superintendent to join and lead their Milk Powder Plant team at their production facility in Humansdorp (Eastern Cape). The successful candidate will have a relevant tertiary qualification with comprehensive experience of leading a team of Supervisors.
Key Performance Areas:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management of the Milk Powder Plant resources and staff.
- The job holder will ensure compliance with the company safety and quality system.
- Responsibilities further include achieving production targets, yield targets, the application of sound stock control principles and the application of good manufacturing practices.
- Ability to develop, motivate and productively manage and train staff.
Knowledge and Skills:
- The successful candidate will have a relevant tertiary qualification with comprehensive experience of leading a team of Supervisors.
- 5 years supervisory experience in a food or dairy manufacturing environment,
- Must be familiar with quality, safety and hygiene standards in a food / dairy manufacturing environment,
- Secondary qualification in Dairy Production or Production Management will be an advantage.
- A sound practical knowledge of dairy processing, application of good manufacturing practices along with the ability to communicate well and motivate staff will be required for this position.
- Computer literate.
- Sound report writing and computer operating ability forms a key role to this position.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.