Our client based in Humansdorp is currently looking to employ a Mechanic Assistant.
Key Performance Areas:
- Able to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment, and assist the Workshop Manager to complete services on the company's fleet vehicles consisting of milk tankers, taut liners, refrigerated delivery trucks, bakkies and cars.
- The candidate must be reliable, have sober living habits, be willing to work long hours and perform standby duties.
Knowledge and Skills:
- The successful candidate must be matriculated and be a qualified mechanic, with 2-3 years’ experience in an operational maintenance environment.
- The successful candidate will have sound knowledge of BPW axles, air suspension, air fault finding, welding and auto electrics.
- The incumbent must be self-motivated and be able to work without supervision.
- The successful candidate will have a valid driver's license and own reliable transport as this role require work on public holiday's, standby and overtime work.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.