A well-established company is looking for an Occupational Therapist to be based in Black Rock, Northern Cape.
- Reviews physician's referral and assesses patient's condition along with their medical records to determine appropriate treatment programmes required.
- Tests and measures all physical, functional and cognitive problems. Prescribes and orders relevant assistive devices,
- where applicable.
- Educates patients (and their families) about the patient's condition.
- Provide appropriate counselling, education and support to allocated clients.
- Complete required administration and case information.
- Handle and resolve medical and claim related fund queries.
- Identify high risk patients and clients and, when appropriate, refer to alternative professionals for additional support.
- BSc. Occupational Therapy
- RFA Training
- 5 years post-graduation experience
- Mining experience advantageous
- Experience in RFA Centre essential
- Vocational Rehabilitation experience advantageous.
- Q-Med database experience advantageous.
- RFA Job Analysis training advantageous
- First Aid Training
- Knowledge and application of relevant legislation
- Application of financial and risk assessment methodology
- Knowledge of scheme rules and contractual negotiations