The Royal Portfolio is looking for an innovative, creative, dynamic and team oriented Spa Manager for our beautiful safari properties, Royal Malewane and The Farmstead. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and overseeing all aspects of the Spa operations within a highly pressurised environment, maintaining the highest standards in accordance with company policies and procedures.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effective guest interaction to enhance guest satisfaction and the guest experience
- Promoting and selling of Spa treatments and retail products
- Administration of orders, effective stock control, cost control, budgeting requirements and minimisation of product waste
- Ensuring that the cleanliness and hygiene of the Spa is of the highest standard
- Training Spa Therapists and ensuring their ongoing personal development
- Participating in Spa staff recruitment and placement
- Manage staffing rosters, leave allocations and performance management
- Maintaining good supplier relations, always researching for top quality products at best pricing
- Leadership and creating a positive work environment
- Working closely with other departments to give our guests a complete experience and a perfect stay
- Achieving service excellence though strong teamwork
- Aware of current industry trends and international best practice
- Involvement in the work of the TRP Foundation and our local communities and charities
- Promote, Recite and Live the P&V’s daily
REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPECTATIONS
- National diploma in Beauty Therapy, Face and Body from a recognized tertiary institution.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar hotel/lodge environment in a similar position
- Minimum 3 years in a Spa Manager role
- Practical experience in massages, facials, manicures, pedicures and all other treatments
- Well groomed
- Staff management experience & training skills
- Maintaining a creative and innovative Spa menu and new treatment suggestions
- Dermalogica training required and QMS experience an advantage
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Strong communication skills
- Quality driven individual
- Ability to multi-task, stay calm under pressure and prioritise
- A driver’s license and private vehicle
It is important that the candidate is able to work as part of a team and is a good cultural fit for The Royal Portfolio.
South African citizenship is advantageous. A valid work permit is essential if you are not in possession of a South African ID document.