Our client is a marketing and distribution business engaged in horticultural and agronomic support, plant supply and marketing / sales of fruit on behalf of third parties across various continents. The business is newly incorporated into a larger horticultural business.
Our client requires the services of an experienced Logistics Coordinator to join their sales team. The person will be based in Hermanus.
The purpose of the role:
- The purpose of this role is to ensure efficient communication between our client and blueberry out-growers on picking plan, volumes, transport- and packaging concerns.
- Advising and assisting the Sales Manager on above information and compiling relevant reports.
- Presenting of short- and long-term market splits to out-growers to ensure that out-growers can be well prepared to organise harvest, packaging, and transport.
- Providing out-growers with sufficient information on changes to the plan – daily plan and feedback to the Sales Manager.
- Weekly out-grower meetings - Follow up on any issues, challenges and queries identified during weekly meetings and follow up and provide feedback to all role-players.
- Tracking information on pick volumes vs. pick plan and provide sufficient information to Sales Manager on any changes to plan to manage expectation.
- Populate and assist Sales Manager with weekly out-grower report and weekly sales report.
- Advising out-growers on IFCO reconciliation.
- Providing sales team with combined packaging stock from out-growers and any packaging concerns.
- Assist sales team with queries and correspondence within the specified timeframe.
- Grade 12.
- A relevant tertiary qualification would be an advantage.
- A strong logistics coordination background essential.
- Previous working experience in logistics coordination is essential.
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Team Player.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and ambitious.
- Confident, self-starter able to act on own initiative.
- Positive mind-set.
- Good personal skills and good time management skills.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and working to tight deadlines.
Area: Hermanus area.
Salary offered: R23 500 – R26 000 per month.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks.