DVT is looking for a Senior Java Developer to work on new and existing projects across our client's business areas. We have a long roadmap ahead of us, with exciting new features and you’ll be solving interesting problems while collaborating with the rest of the team to achieve our client's mission.
- 6+ years relevant experience working on financial applications
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or related field
- Have good commercial experience building server-side applications
- Knowledge of Java 8+, Python, or Node.js/TypeScript and common development tools such as IntelliJ/Pycharm/JetBrains, Git
- AWS Experience an advantage including but not limited to Docker, SNS+SQS, Kafka)
- Be familiar with some web backend framework (e.g. Spring/Spring Boot in the case of Java)
- Exposure to microservices or implementing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Demonstrate a mindset of delivering secure, well-tested, and well-documented software
- Exposure to continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Experience working in agile methodologies, ideally Scrum.
Some of your duties
- Becoming part of one of our expanding agile teams and actively collaborating with your colleagues from the other Backend and iOS, Android, Web, QA, DevOps, Agile, Data, and Product teams to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions.
- You will ideally join the backend Community of Practices, learn from them, and propose your own at some point to maintain high quality across the backend.
- Career progression is as important to you as it is for us.