Our Client a global tech firm is seeking a Senior Azure Technical Architect to join their team in Sandton. They offer stability, a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a great working environment.
The Senior Technical Architect works with colleagues and contributes to the development and design of complex solutions based on their technical knowledge across two or more technology domains. The individual in this position is required to complete the overall technical design and build of the large, complex elements of the solution to meet a client’s business requirements.
“Provides primarily pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions. Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions. May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions. May build a mini-application/POC environments based on customer requirements to demonstrate the feasibility of the application/solution, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for a client."
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Provides detailed and specific advice regarding the application of their specialism(s) to the organisation's planning and operations.
- Responsible for solution design, business development and transition of projects from presales to delivery as well as ongoing sales support.
- Select and apply appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with the agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensure that these are effectively applied and adopted.
- Guide successful implementation and execution of system solutions.
- Contributes to the development of solution architectures in a specific business, infrastructure or functional areas.
- Map business processes and relationships clearly, in line with the solution features, and ensure that the recommended approach supports the overall scope of the solution.
- Designs components using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed architectures, design standards, patterns and methodology.
- Provides pre-sales technical support and expertise in analysing client requirements, in conjunction with the client’s current infrastructure, architecture, system capabilities and business challenges.
- Responsible for influencing and guiding members of the Sales team to ensure that they are equipped to close deals.
- Provides input to the requirements baseline and investigates, manages and applies authorised requests for changes to baselined requirements, in line with change management policy.
- Develop the technical design document to match the solution design specifications.
- Lead the scope of work determination, product pricing and RFP/RFI responses and assist with the decision to pursue or abort a deal.
- Manages client proof of concept (POC) initiatives, which require an appropriation of appropriate resources, and setup and delivery of the POC.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to junior Technical Architects
Academic qualifications and certifications:
- Minimum Microsoft certified Azure Administrator Associate Certification
- Preferably Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Preferred Qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science or Information Systems
- Beneficial - Certification and working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, SOA, ITIL, COBIT, etc.)
- Relevant vendor and industry certifications, e.g., Microsoft, Cisco, VMware
- Beneficial - Software and programming languages, e.g., PowerShell,
- Minimum 3 Years Azure experience.
- Minimum 5 Year Architecture experience
- Demonstrated experience in Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Strong track record as an architect of new systems/solutions
- Preferable demonstrated work experience working as a systems administrator or network engineer
- Proven client engagement and development consulting experience
- Experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- Extensive experience in a variety of architectures for specific domain or specialization
- Demonstrated experience presenting technical solutions
- Experience working in an agile development environment
Knowledge, skills and attributes
- DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
- Good product knowledge integrated with deep technology understanding
- Solid understanding of the vendor’s products, business and technology positioning
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to establish and create excellent client relationships with their technical expertise
- Ability to develop and leverage their knowledge of reference architectures
- Continuously maintain knowledge of trends and development in technology domains
- Deep and specialist knowledge of the problem domain that their systems are to provide solutions for
- Demonstrated knowledge in core frameworks used