The Housekeeping Manager at La Residence is responsible for all housekeeping related operations and will be required to deliver on The Royal Portfolio’s Purpose, which is “To give our guests a complete experience and a perfect stay”. By ensuring that bedrooms, public spaces and all amenities reflect the highest possible standards of cleanliness and hygiene, the Housekeeping Manager will contribute to ensuring that we create an environment that enables relaxation and enjoyment.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all public areas and accommodation is extremely clean at all times,
- Ensure all guest amenities are provided and kept up to standard in each room;
- Ensure all equipment and assets are kept in perfect working condition at all times;
- Continuously develop individual SOP files according to the correct process for all duties relating to housekeeping;
- Keep stock laundry clean, neat, organized and free from clutter at all times;
- Ensure that correct procedures are followed for the efficient processing of guest laundry to the best possible standard
- Meticulously control stock levels to avoid unnecessary wastage, theft or damage;
- Create and submit annual budgets for approval to Financial Manager;
- Control purchasing to adhere to monthly budget
- Attend morning and afternoon meeting every day making special note of housekeeping related matters;
- Allocate tasks and rooms to be cleaned to housekeeping team for the day;
- Monitor and ensure daily tasks of the team are completed;
- Identify training needs, plan and implement training plans for team each month;
- Provide assistance in all personnel related issues such as interviewing, selection and performance management processes.
REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPECTATIONS
- A minimum of 5 years of hospitality experience in a management role
- A minimum of 2 years of housekeeping management experience
- Degree or diplomas in any hospitality field are advantageous and will contribute significantly to a candidate’s chances
- A local resident to Franschhoek and the surrounds is a distinct advantage
- Up to date with housekeeping trends and best practices
- Experience in leading a team to excel and work cohesively
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Significant financial know-how and experience including budgets and management accounts
- Exceptional attention to detail, hardworking and a passion for people and hospitality
- A strong grasp of operational systems (Micros POS and Opera) and computer literacy
- Exceptional English speaking and writing skills, further languages are advantageous
- A passion to learn, teach and drive improvement in employees
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- A stickler for standards and an unrelenting drive to eliminate waste
- International experience in a similar environment and travel experience will be advantageous
It is important that the candidate is able to work as part of a team and is a good cultural fit for The Royal Portfolio.
South African citizenship is advantageous. A valid work permit is essential if you are not in possession of a South African ID document.