General Employment - Other General Employment
- Applying and implementing a therapeutic intervention programme aimed at evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of each client.
- Identifying, planning and preparing and applying therapy to involve client in activities that cover the areas of personal, interpersonal, work and leisure.
- Implementing and supervising activity programmes with colleagues and therapists and coordinating with the Managers.
- Building interpersonal relationships, contributing to appropriate interpersonal relations and interaction with staff and clients.
- Vocation/Leisure Rehabilitation.
- Administrative and other functions relating to the OT Department.
- Promote continued learning and keeping the minds of the clients active.
- Co-ordinate and manage the volunteers of the OT Department.
- Raise funds for the OT Department.
- Assist with preparation for functions.
- Co-ordinate activities relevant for the necessary stimulation of the clients.
- A recognized qualification as an Occupational Therapist
- Supervisory Skills
- At least 5 years experience as an Occupation Therapist
- Ability to work with and communicate with the elderly and those afflicted with dementia.
- Good communication skills
- Good assessment and analytical skills
- Patience and empathy
- Ability to organize activities and social events
- Registration with the Health Professional Council of Occupational Therapist & Occupational Therapy Assistants in South Africa
SD Recruitment (Pty) Ltd