General Employment - Other General Employment
- Establish, monitor and control department budget that will effectively contribute to the overall manufacturing objectives and plant / business unit and company goals.
- Employ techniques / methods for effective problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Implement supply chain control processes which ensures the availability of materials for an uninterrupted flow of production in accordance with “Just-In-Time” delivery schedules, while maintaining minimum inventories.
- Assist with the development of inventory and freight budgets for the purpose of establishing acceptable inventory levels and freight spend upon which performance can be measure and operating controls affected.
- Manage budgeted inventory levels for each supplier and ensure that supplier orders are processed in line with acceptable sales estimates, standard lead times and optimum prices.
- Forecast reviews and update on a quarterly basis
- Monthly review of:
- Safety stock parameters.
- MOQ parameters by supplier.
- Strategic safety by item.
- MRP Planning Horizons.
- Planning exception reports.
- Looking for opportunities to combine milk runs, and warehouse consolidation and distribution.
- Assist with coordination of engineering changes, product balance outs and new product launches, within the plant system, with suppliers and customer, to insure orderly and timely transition in the flow of materials and production.
- Being able to analyze data from supply chain and freight analyst to ensure accurate reporting
- Utilize Supplier Standards Manual and State of Work to improve the capability of suppliers while maintaining
- the flow of raw materials necessary to produce the finished product.
- Assists Plant Engineering and Plant Quality with regards to supplier parts and issues
- Ensure that targeted customer fill rate and lead times are met
- Ensure timeous and accurate reporting.
- Provide daily progress reports.
- Complete trend data for all key performance areas.
- Lead, direct and evaluate subordinates to ensure that resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Tertiary Education in Supply Chain Management essential.
- Lean Manufacturing Principles essential.
- Computer literacy essential.
- 10 years of applicable materials management experience.
- 5 to 10 years Logistics / Manufacturing in a Supervisory / Coordinator role.
- Strong leadership / planning / negotiation / problem solving / delegation and presentation skills.
Abantu Staffing Solutions