Our client is looking for a technician for a 6 month contract
- Manage breakdowns on shift
- Be on standby when required, own transport essential
- Be available for weekend work when required
- Shutdown maintenance availability
- Must be willing to work extended hours when required
- Help improve Overall Equipment Efficiency
- Responsible for Shift planning
- Make sure you have an exchange of information at Shift change and a check to see the area is left up to 5s STD and TPM is done before the operator leaves their station.
- All production to be entered into the Garp system and OEE sheet by operators on shift
- Manage Spare part store to ensure availability of spare parts when needed.
- Supervise the work of Machine Operators;
- Ensure Operators have and read the Product Quality Plans, product drawings, BOM, machine setup, Batch Number and Operation Card, product change form before start up.
- Ensure Operators have done the following checks before operating the machines:
- Production Card is available
- Product Quality Plan is available
- Drawings for the specific product is available
- Material is correct as specified
- Hazard identification
- Ensure area is clean and safe before commencing work.
- Do not start machine until certain it is safe to do so.
- Identify objects that are lying on the floor that may cause injuries or tripping accidents and remove them.
- Tools are in good working condition and are complete
- Tools not in use are neatly put away in their correct place
· N3 or similar Technical Artisan Qualification (Electrical/Mechanical/Millwright)
· Pneumatics and Hydraulics
· Hand tools, machining tools, measuring tools
· Electrical control systems/Automation
· Machine Operation and repair