To improve efficiency, reduce waste, identify and implement solutions, meet project deadlines and accurately document the necessary requirements to be done in accordance with local / global strategic planning and standards in compliance to the Company's Integrity & Anti Bribery Codes, Conflict of Interest. Policy & S.H.E. requirements and to perform delegated S.H.E. tasks and duties & to inform superior about deviations
The Job Requirements
Essential Experience in the following Technologies and Practices
Development and DevOps Practices (Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment)
Experience with Java build automation tools (Maven, Gradle,
Jenkins, IBM Websphere).
Experience with programming languages (Java / J2EE)
Experience with database technologies (PostgreSQL, IBM, DB2, etc.)
Experience using application monitoring tools (App Dynamics)
Experience with API design using OpenAPI Standard 3.x
Experience with Container Orchestration: Kubernetes, Docker, Docker Swarm
Experience in Cloud technology: Deployment and Hosting of web services on cloud
Knowledge of IT infrastructure (Virtual Machines, etc.)
Not essential but would be valuable
Knowledge of Message processing and caching mechanism:
Kafka, Rabbit MQ, Redis
Knowledge of Monitoring Tools (Prometheus + Grafana)
Knowledge of ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
• Collaborate with Architects to design and implement DevOps practices, Collaborate with Architects to design and implement DevOps practices across product delivery.
• Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines for product components.
• Coordinate and perform deployments of product releases to various environments stages
• Interface with various service teams in order to provision required infrastructure (databases, cloud resources etc.)
• Provision and maintain tools to help maintain and support the product (Automation, Logging, Monitoring tools etc.)
• Manual and Automated testing of Product infrastructure and key, Component Services to ensure overall Product Health.
• Attend to support tickets, which may arise due to product components not functioning as expected.
• Develop and maintain technical support documentation of the product.
• System monitoring administration of the IBM WebSphere MQ/IIB and Axway CFT/SFT.
• Monitoring of VM environments with several active REST-Services
• Responsible for troubleshooting and main contact partner for stakeholders
• Planning and executing disaster recovery plans in coordination with other teams
• Provide guidance to development colleagues for operational premises
• Collaborate with others to advance and standardise DevOps practises within the IT Hub.
• Perform all outputs in compliance with the Company's Integrity Codes & SHEQ requirements
• Perform delegated SHEQ tasks and duties and Inform superiors about deviations
Qualification and Experience
• Minimum NQF 7 – BSC/BCom/BTech in Information Technology, Information Systems Engineering or Computer Science or relevant equivalent or At least 6 months participation on the company's Graduate Development Programme.
• 5+ years' experience designing and building software applications
• Proficiency with Java technologies and enterprise applications
• Experience working on complex software projects
Please forward CV and ALL supporting documentation to, firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you not hear from Profile Personnel within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful for the vacancy. Please note all applications will automatically be added to our database for future vacancies
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link