Manages the daily operations (Production, Logistics and Maintenance within a large organization and large sized plan ensuring high efficiency levels. Plans, organizes, and directs the manufacturing operation to ensure the most effective return on assets and obtainment of production schedules and overall business objectives.
- Ensure raw material and equipment availability, efficient (OEE) processing of the material into finished product and on time delivery (Just in Sequence) to the customer
- Ensure that product quality standards are met.
- Responsible for all direct and indirect work sequences in own area
- Comply to all legal regulations.
- Regular liaison with the Customer regarding expectations and performance
- Ensure that business operating systems and standards are adhered to as identified by the Quality Department.
- Ensure that maintenance spend remains within budget as well as identifying and executing saving initiatives.
- Consult daily with other departmental heads in order to ensure smooth work sequences in all shift.
- Manage personnel against respective KPI’s.
- Recommend new procedures and processes to improve quality and quantity and reduce production costs.
- Consult regularly with HR and join Union/Shop Steward Meetings
- Plan development of respective employees in order to improve their performance and reach their personal goals.
- Develop succession plans for key positions in departments of responsibility.
- Ensure Health and Safety regulations are adhered to.
- Coordinate and lead activities in servicing, maintenance, machinery, systems/equipment, buildings, and outside facilities.
- Ensure on time compilation and reporting on daily, weekly, and monthly performance.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Business Operating System (BOS): Understand, apply, and meet all function-related BOS requirements.
- Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS): Understand, apply, and meet all function related EHS requirements.
- Product Safety: Understand, apply, and meet all function-related Product Safety requirements
- Compliance: Understand, apply, and meet all function-related Compliance requirements
- Information Security: Understand, apply, and meet all function-related IT / Information Security and confidentiality of the company’s information requirements.
- 8 years Managerial experience in a high-pressure production environment in both logistics and production (preferably automotive)
- Technical or Engineering Qualification
- Computer literate (General/EHS/Quality)