An exciting position has opened up with our client in the East London area for a Senior Manufacturing General Manager, to administer the manufacturing Discipline in the Mouldshop, and Paint Plant, to ensure cost, timing, and quality of performance.
- Management of subordinates by Ensuring Correct Staffing Levels, discipline is maintained and performance management is carried out
- Responsible for Health, Safety and Environment including OHSAS 18001 Certification, ISO 14001 Certification.
- Maintain Sound Industrial relations.
- Machine Utilization covering Machine Uptime and Tool Change Times,
- Production Performance, Production Performance to Plan.
- Meet Customer supply targets.
- Budget performance Perform to budgeted levels.
- Maintaining prescribed Quality System standards. Compliance to ISO 9001.Compliance to IATF 16949.
- Manage Industrial Engineering.
- Maintain 4S in the plant.
- Ensure Quality is to standard and achieve scrap targets
- Maintenance Control: Maintain Equipment, Tooling, and facilities
- Oversee Logistics & Despatch including Production Planning, FGS Control and stock ready for dispatch per customer schedule
- NQF level 7 Tertiary qualification , i.e. Operations Management/Engineering/National Diploma MBA or management training equivalent is advantageous
- Minimum five-years' experience as a seasoned senior manufacturing manager in the automotive or Manufacturing Industry Experience leading teams and managing people at executive level
- Experience in production manufacturing processes and process improvements Knowledge of OSH Act/Labour Laws /ISO Quality Systems Experience with labour unions Proficient in computer skills