Overview of the position:
Senior developers determine and identify high-level functional and technical requirements on the basis of interactions with the user community and knowledge of enterprise architecture. Design architectures, including the software, hardware and communications, to support the total requirements, as well as to provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces. They interact with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction. Provide quality assurance review and the evaluation of existing and new software products. Develop high-level system design diagrams for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation. Develop and implement moderate to complex applications on one or more platforms.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science/ Information Systems
- 5+ Years experience developing Desktop and/or Web Applications
- Knowledge of Progress OpenEdge programming language and related frameworks
- Strong understanding of software design principles, industry standards, architecture and navigation.
- Extensive professional experience with Object-Oriented Languages.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Object-Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with Relational Databases; DB design, stored procedures, T-SQL, DB architecture.
- Certification on OpenEdge Reference Architecture(OERA) advantageous.
- Proven track record in working in an agile team.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Perform programming and related tasks, which include: Planning, Estimations and Implementation; Writing code; Debugging errors; Testing and Technical Investigations
- Write technical documentation
- Code Reviews
- Communication with stakeholders
- Provide support to Management
- Provide mentorship and guidance to Mid-Level and Junior Developers
- Compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Continuous Improvement of: Skills and Ability; Work Throughput; Communication; Return Rate (Target Less than 10%); Estimations
- Always be Accountable for what you do and work on
- Provide guidance to team on best practice solutions
- Review root cause analysis of issues ensuring implementation of the solution
- Identify areas to improve system performance and availability
- Resolve complex technical design issues
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry
- Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal customers
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link