A governance, risk, compliance and collaboration solution provider within the Information Systems Industry, seeks to employ a Database Administrator on an initial 6-month contract, with the potential of extension.
- Completed degree in related discipline (Computer Science / Information Systems or equivalent)
- 5+ years' experience in Database Administration
Advantageous skills / experience:
- Fluent English (verbal / written)
- Professional appearance
- Presentation skills
- Analytical capabilities, methodical approach to problem-solving.
- Organise work independently and work efficiently.
- Advanced Time Management Expert.
- Be able to travel on national basis if needed.
- Render functional support to the customer via onsite, telephonic, email, Skype and Team Viewer
- Maintenance and administration of database systems for organization (Postgres, Oracle, MySQL exposure)
- Database maintenance including job management, space management, automated backups and automated restores
- Database availability including process management, index maintenance
- Database security including surface area management, database integrity and user access control
- Database monitoring using a variety of tools
- Implement data change requests
- Performance tuning
- Writing SQL code (intermediate to advanced level)
- Troubleshooting database errors
- Define and document database standards and processes
- Command line scripting
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.