Seeking an Aggregate (Hard Rock) Quarry Manager to lead the quarry and raw materials department team. Based in the Eastern Cape, East London/KWT.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, manage, organize and control the processes and resources to ensure that the defined quantity of raw materials is delivered on time, within the specified uniformity, quality and budgeted costs.
- Undertake actions to improve and optimize production performance.
- Contribute to plant’s cost performance through sustainable operations and continuous optimization of raw mix (aggregate).
Health & Safety
- Guarantee and enhance compliance with OH&S policies and standards for all personnel
- Demonstrate strong H&S leadership to develop safety culture among personnel
- Identify and tackle specific actions to ensure health and safety risk prevention during operations activities
People & development
- Manage and improve the performance of the raw materials team ensuring competencies and skills are in place, kept and developed
- Contribute to the succession plan
- Plan and organize raw materials supply to meet production needs, within the quality requirements.
- Organize and manage shifts of production staff
- Coordinate and plan maintenance activities
- Deposit evaluation and development administration
- Quarry Planning Administration (short- and long-term)
- Resources & Reserves reporting
- Identify operational bottlenecks, provide technical requirements and follow-up technical execution
- Monitor equipment performance in order to reach, or exceed production targets, and to achieve quality and environmental standards
- In collaboration with relevant functions, define and implement actions to improve operations performance
- Manage execution of third party services under its responsibility; Annual third party contracts review and management
- Mine rehabilitation
Budget & Cost Control
- Forecast volumes in cooperation with Production, Process, Sales, Logistics and Quality
- Quarry operational and capital expense planning and budgeting
- Ensure budget monitoring and follow-up
- Communicate and implement regulations, company goals, local permits, policies and procedures. Optimize the internal processes and structures
- Supervise personnel to ensure production targets are met
- Team involvement in peering with other plants for projects, shutdown, etc.
- Technical information and archives (drawings, manuals, certificates, reports, automation settings and update log) updates and administration
- General administration
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12 (Matric)
- Minimum 5-10 Years’ experience as a production manager
Other requirements include:
- In-depth knowledge of the aggregate quarrying processes
- Fair knowledge of Geology
- Good knowledge of mining related legislation
- Exceptional management and leadership skills
- Fast and accurate decision-making skills
- Team player and very good communicator
- Analytical and inquisitive nature
- Tolerance for stress