FIVE (5) YEARS FIXED-TERM CONTRACT
EAST LONDON, EASTERN CAPE PROVINCE
The Desmond Tutu Health Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
We have fantastic job opportunities across our businesses for talented people wanting to realize their full potential. Could that be you? If so, we invite applications for a 5-year fixed term contract post as a Project Administrator for our new research site in East London, Eastern Cape Province.
The main purpose of this position is to support the smooth implementation of DTHF Eastern Cape studies by providing day-to-day administrative support.
- Matric with Diploma in Office Administration or related field; or relevant experience
- 1-year experience in office administration (preferable in a research or NGO environment)
- 1-year experience in purchasing and procurement
- Computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, REDCAP, Outlook
- Valid code 8 driver’s license
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Planning and Organizing skills
- Problem solving and detail orientated
- Team player, as well as the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Research implementation and field experience
- Ability to build interpersonal relationships to manage and support study staff and project implementation
- Excellent stakeholder relationship management
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and strong public speaking skills
- Decision making & analytical skills
- Adaptive to change
- Ability to multi-task
- Attend site/project specific meetings as requested
- Prepare venues to host meetings, training workshops, visitors to study, including investigators of other studies.
- Co-ordinate and organise daily activities for study drivers
- Manage project assets by informing Asset Coordinator of purchase and movements
- Coordinate and take site stock inventory, stationary and other supplies
- Assist with preparations for study financial monitoring
- Manage procurement and auditing of project specific participant reimbursements and refreshments
- Engage in Coordinating HR site related activities including: Site Timesheets coordination
- Retrieving CVs and related documents for shortlisting
- Competing reference checks for selected candidates
- Ensure that new staff are properly on-boarded and receive all necessary training and resources to perform their duties (i.e., computer, email address, stationary, office keys, etc…)
- Organizing travel and itineraries
- Taking note and writing minutes for meetings
- Accurate and complete sourcing, processing and submission of;
- Purchase Requisitions (PR)
- Purchase Orders (PO)
- Goods Received Vouchers (GRV), Credit Returns and Service deliveries
- Provide an efficient, accurate and cost-effective purchasing service for DTHF according to DTHF and External projecting agencies policies and procedures in line with appropriate authorization.
- Responsible for all purchases & all asset purchases of the contribution units (including all discretionary projects).
- Research materials and vendors so that delivery time, cost and equality are optimal when required
- Maintain appropriate feedback loops
- Purchasing Card expenses captured on SAP and ensure monthly reconciliations
- Monitor expenses against procured materials
- Manage and Process Petty cash floats as per DTHF policy with correct authorization.
- Ensure that all study reimbursement receipts and documentation that are linked to petty cash or otherwise are complete and properly documented
- Attend to project internal monitoring processes and submit all audits and ensure validity of claim, especially around petty cash and goods procured
- Submit all SAP related actions and processes
- Maintain project files with required documentations, i.e. copies of invoices, quotes, payment authorization
Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
Submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees by 24 June 2022. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Visit the DTHF Career page to view the advert DTHF-C054 and apply: DTHF Career Page
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that by applying for this position, I authorized DTHF to process my personal information in accordance with its internal operational requirements.
I further understand that the personal information I disclose to DTHF will be processed in accordance with the requirements set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act and may include the transferring thereof to third parties for the purposes of verification.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu Health Foundation is a child-friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information about the organization please visit our website.