Academic Management and Leadership:
• Development and execution of the relevant systems and resource requirements to enable the institution to roll out the Programme.
• Responsible, in consultation with the Academic Head and Head: Research and Development, for programme/module design, development and review for a distance mode of delivery, with specific reference to the integration of technology in teaching and learning.
• Accountable for academic and administrative leadership of The Programme.
• Responsible for overall quality management of academic teaching and learning in the Programme, including learning content, student interaction and support and administrative processes, and ensuring compliance with the institution’s vision, its brand, policies and procedures.
• Continuously evaluate teaching and assessment practices against institutional policies and contribute to policy review.
• Accountable for programme and module administration e.g. keeping assessment records of students registered on allocated module(s), administer module evaluations and interpret such, scheduling activities etc.
• Academic reporting and preparing submissions as required by management and/or regulators.
• Run academic performance management and reporting on all aspects of The Programme.
Teaching & Learning:
• Responsible for teaching and learning initiatives, including the facilitation of learning through multiple channels and academic campaigns to facilitate student engagement and academic throughput in associated modules.
• Using innovative yet appropriate pedagogy and technology for distance and online learning.
• Facilitating the effective delivery of the Programme, including the provision of student-centric academic support to students.
• Design and administer assessments, including online assessments, in line with institutional policies and guidelines.
Enhance the Student experience:
• Establish a programme plan with a clear student onboarding and engagement process, setting out the relevant channels and enforce student discipline and utilisation of desired channels.
• Ensure the optimal use of educational technologies such as the institutional Student Management System (SUMIT), the Moodle-based Learning Management System as well as appropriate social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, etc to facilitate and support teaching and learning.
• Overseeing the resolution of students’ academic queries, identify trends and incorporating appropriate responses into the learning process.
Academic citizenship / Community Engagement:
• As a senior member of Faculty, actively contribute to the overall operations and success of Faculty and the Institution. This includes, among others, participation in various initiatives and assuming membership of key institutional committees and structures.
• Ensure the alignment between the Institution’s social agenda, student community building and the curriculum. Oversee the integration of community needs in the planning and delivery of teaching and learning.
• Whilst focusing on the programme becoming an industry leader, conduct ongoing academic research on programme content, teaching practices, online assessment practices, target market relevance, contemporary and social issues relevant to the Programme.
• Present findings and recommendations to the institutional structures and incorporate subject matter relevance information into the academic programmes.
Essential Work Experience:
• Minimum five years teaching/lecturing at a recognised tertiary institution in the field of Business Management or a cognate discipline.
• Familiarity with the academic discourse within the Business Management field and related disciplines.
• Proven ability to design curriculum, develop academic content, facilitate student learning and assessment.
• Proven ability to make the right pedagogical decisions that informs the selection and use of appropriate technology to support learning.
• Proven track record of successfully rolling out accredited academic programmes whilst applying project management processes
Beneficial Work Experience:
• Track record of teaching at a distance and/or online learning environment using multiple learning channels.
• Application of eLearning methodologies.
• Curriculum design and development for a distance / online learning context.
• Experience in academic material development, instructional design and assessment design using digital formats and tools, including digital authoring tools (such as Articulate).
Key Functional / Technical Knowledge:
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION:
• A postgraduate qualification (preferably at Masters level or at a minimum Honours level) in Business Management or a cognate discipline.
• An additional post graduate qualification(s) in teaching and/or assessment practices will be an advantage.
COMPUTER AND DIGITAL LITERACY SKILLS REQUIRED
• Demonstrable competencies in Office Productivity Tools such as Spreadsheets, Presentations, Word Processing, Internet research, etc.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office365 with associated applications will be beneficial.
• Proficiency in data analytics and academic management reporting.
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.